Monday 13 July 2009

Is there really such a thing as Ghosts?

Well, I believe there is yes!

I have a few examples of ghostly goings on, the first one of which involved myself heading to my mates house when I was young, in my teens.

His parents had gone out, and that left the two of us playing pool in the garage.

Half way through playing pool, we heard this brushing noise going on in the back garden, and was curious to see just what it was, especially as it was a detached house, with no-one in but ourselves.

As soon as we headed outside, the brushing noise, which sounded like someone brushing leaves from a path, stopped, which we thought was strange, but at this stage nothing untowards.

Anyway, back to the garage to play a bit of pool, which is when the brushing noise started up again, so back outside, and exactly the same happened, as soon as we went outside the noise stopped.

This led to us being a bit apprehensive but went back to the garage again, but yet again, for a third time, the brushing noise started again, this time we took our pool cues with us just in case we needed them, and you've guessed it, the noise stopped again, but this time the door behind us slammed shut, and seeing as there was no breeze, or reason for the door to slam, that was enough to make us....well you know!

We ran around the side of the house scared, and headed over the other side of the road, to which something caught my eye, I turned to my friend and asked if he could see what I could see in the bedroom window, his response "An old woman is looking at us" - that is exactly what I saw too.

Just after he said that, the face disappeared from the window, and as far as we were concerned, we were not going back inside that house until his parents came home!

His mum returned home first and saw the pair of us standing there pale-faced, and not wanting to go anywhere near the house, and we explained what we had heard - and seen.

We were then met by an "oh dear", and his mum went on to explain to us that an old woman had died in that bedroom before they had bought the house, but had not told their son - my friend - about this.

Needless to say, I haven't been back at the house since.

So, yes, I believe in ghosts, and the supernatural.

Do you have any stories that make you really think that they do exist - I have others, which I'll post in future, but would like to hear your stories...

6 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but I work at a really old restaurant that's in a building that has been around for well over a century. We serve pizza at the restaurant, and one of my jobs is to make pizza boxes at the end of my shift. Well, almost every time I'm down there (not every single time), I hear keys jingling, and I know I'm the only person there.

    A guy I work with also says that when he's the first one there in the morning, he hears someone walking to the bathroom, but when he goes to check, there's no one else in the building.

    Also, in less than a week, I'm going to house sit at a relative's new house that, supposedly, a guy died in so... we'll see, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Below is something I have on a blog that happened to 4 of us. It is in 2 parts so read both of them.

    http://thingstodoinhermitageandsharonpa.blogspot.com/2009/06/if-you-are-in-for-spooky-weird-and.html

    http://thingstodoinhermitageandsharonpa.blogspot.com/2009/06/hogback-hauntfact-or-fictionyou-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny and a little scary too, i have never seen anything like that before, and don't know what i would do if i did

    ReplyDelete
  4. Descended from a long line of psychic (ok, maybe a few psycho) women, I consider paranormal activities the norm.

    For instance, my Dad was one of the great Swing Era musicians until his death from Alzheimer's in 2004. A few days after his death, a weird thing happened... a music box, designed like a wonderful little hobo sitting on a bench and playing a trumpet, started playing 'When The Saints Go Marching In.' Mom loved to hear Dad play that song, and the music box itself was a gift to Mom from Dad.

    Nothing too unusual about a music box doing what it's designed to do, except the box had no batteries and the switch was in the "off" position. It could not have been able to play at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't believe in ghosts, which is rather funny considering there's one in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pick a short one to tell out of my many stories..
    When I was a teen, I used to stay up at night reading a book as thats when the house was quiet and still. Every night my room would get so so cold.. To the point that I would have to figure out how to hold my book with the covers over my hands. If not, my fingers would get so cold that they would begin to hurt. One night as I read the doll house murderers, (its not to scary for a teen, but kept you on edge) I just happen to look up to see a black shadow figure standing at the foot of my bed just watching me, stareing.... I looked back down at my book, then up again and it was gone. I am sure it was a he... I was to scared to go to sleep with my light off that night as this was my first shadow figure out of many to see. When I woke that next morning, my light switch had been turned off.
    This also explaned the funny smell my room always had in the mornings at that time for no reason. Some (not all) will have a funny smell. Many have no smell and some smell good... It just depends on what kind of person or being they are.

    Okay, just a little more....

    The property I live on now used to be a church that had burned down many many years ago. Our house is kind of long. The end where the church sat has someone, male, that has stayed with the property. He taps a lot, but since I have asked him to stop as he would keep me up at night, he hasnt done much of that at all. He has smacked my mom on the butt while she was on this end of the house, and he has turned my bedroom light on in the night a couple of times... but he is harmless and I think just wants us to know he is here. We see balls of light go down the hallway from time to time and flashes and glitter. Those would be angels. The dogs who have curled their lips at spirits before are not at all alarmed by the things that go on in this house and even seem to ask to be petted by them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete